September 11, 2006

USPTFL - SUPER BOWL I - (2004)

The Centerville Demons defeated the Philadelphia Phantoms 34-15 to capture the USPTFL Championship. Brett Favre had the one of the all time great championship game performances completing 24 of 26 passes for 269 yards and 3 touchdowns. He was backed by a solid performance from Corey Dillon who rushed 33 times for 115 yards and a score.



The rolling was all one sided in this one as you can all imagine by looking at Favre’s stats. Favre was 11/11 at the half, and was 18/18 before throwing his first incompletion. Examples of my luck – Roger double teamed the correct receiver on a bomb, I roll my card 5 for +29 – the only number I could have completed on either card. Next play, bomb roll my card 9 for a LG TD. Another bomb later, defender X or long gain against a 5, I roll 6. As you know, Roger’s pass rush is awesome. There were at least 10 plays, no sack, dumpoff under GR, all completed. And then to boot, Roger could not roll much guessed wrong on Thomas Jones’ card until late. I’m sure a very frustrating game for him but he was a gentleman to the end – a real class act. Oh yeah, and he got stiffed with 13 penalties too. He coached a great game – the Strat Gods were on my side tonight without a doubt.



Well guys, it was a fun season. I needed to win this year because Favre is going to throw 40 interceptions next year and Dillon will average 3.0 YPC and only play in 8 games. Enjoy the offseason and see you all in the fall.



Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home